Wednesday 1 June 2011

Reviewers

Rant time...

Whilst I am all for people having an opinion about where they have eaten and what they have eaten, I strongly believe that they still need to have a back round about what they saying about it. 

Most of the time you read and see and hear comments like "I don't usually eat that sort of thing, but thought I would give it a go. Well I guess that is the reason I don't eat that sort of thing"  Whereas if someone had a bit of no-how and sense in what they were eating and writing, then firstly, they wouldn't order a dish that they don't enjoy!!! and secondly, comments should be more on the line of "because of the reputation of the restaurant and chef, I thought I would try my luck at (insert dish here) again.  The (___) was cooked to perfection, well seasoned and had a perfect contrast of flavour and texture, however, as good as this dish was (and my guest thoroughly enjoyed it), it didn't convert me, so now I can stop this obsession of mine."

If those first lot of people wish to make their observations, why can they not do the decent thing and run it through the restaurant that they dined at, and seek permission to publish it publicly?

I do have to have a good laugh tho when I read reviews on sites like menumania and dineout, those people who loved there food and meals but only score it a 6 or 7... what gives?!?

Ahhh.... Rant over....

Cook Well, Eat Well, and leave the cleaning up to someone else...
Logan

1 comment:

  1. I've just stopped reading those sites and am content in the food i produce.

    ReplyDelete